CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

another disaster upon us...

Am sure by now most, if not all, of us have heard about the Earthquake that shook the impoverished country of Haiti on Tuesday, Jan 12th. The earthquake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 and was centered about 10 miles west from the Caribbean nation's capital of Port-au-Prince. No confirmed DEATH TOLL count as of yet, but listening to BBC radio this morning, I heard that it is already in the Tens and thousands... so the as soon as some kind of DEATH TOLL appears, it will go down in history as another disaster where countless lives were lost....
So, I was talking with a few friends about the horrors of it all... swapping stories of the BIG Quakes: in San Francisco ('89) and here in Taiwan ('91) - both of which I have managed to experience and survived... of course everyone has a different opinion... Act of God, Mother Nature, and so on... and at times like these, one thing is always sure to be questioned: "WHERE IS GOD?"

Am not really a religious person, but I do hold on to my beliefs... I do believe in God... I believe that he will not give us anymore than we can handle.... and God is everywhere you see/find Love... and in the case of Haiti - God is where the VOLUNTEERS are...

God is where the countless Medical volunteers; the soldiers; the firefighters and the trained sniff dogs; the countries extending a helping hand and sending relief aids, money or otherwise...

God is where the many regular people, such as you and me, who will donate their time, money, material (clothing & food) and whatever else we can that we feel the the victims will be needing...

and God is where the Haitians who suffered from these calamity and still managed to get back and help one another... not take advantage of the situation to loot and cause more havoc....
==============================================

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yes I agree with you rudi god is there where good deeds are done and yet I no longer feel that god only gives us what we can handle if so this is too much! (I know the pain I physically feel is too much!You can see something about my condition syringomyelia at the profile page on the side where causes are on facebook... )but or and the reason I say this is there are many people suffering there who will not be rescued and are in severe pain and trapped only to die, there are many there feeling acute pain without pain killers! much more than they can bare! There were many there who you could hear scream out on the clips "The world is ending!" I also remember those jumping out of buildings at the World Trade Center from over a hundred stories up sometimes the pain is more than we can bare. God is not there then. It is the god within us that helps, but he does not control how much or how little suffering we can bare. Sorry for my response, but the catastrophes of late have been so intense as have the wars, as has the eternal hunger that is forever in the world...! But yes we will do and so will the god within us be.