CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 16, 2011

PORTER INTERNATIONAL Figures

PORTER INTERNATIONAL celebrating it's 10th year has 4 PREMIUM OFFERINGS for it's (getting even larger) fans.... and crossing into the TOY COLLECTOR fans, too! Am doubly in trouble as I am both a fan of the BRAND and of course, VINYL TOYS!!!

Came across the first figure a couple of months back in MEN's UNO magazine.... now I cannot read Chinese so I did not know that the HELL it said.... only the month (I presumed!) that it would be released... SADLY, I missed out on that released - it came and went so fast I was told by employees from a few different PORTER INTERNATIONAL shops I visited all over Taipei.... armed with the photo of it in my iPhone...LOL... Am sure a biiiiig part of it was it's cuteness.... whether you like the brand or not - this is on UBER CUTE offering: it is of the PORTER BELLHOP LOGO in a very cute 3D form... and 6 inches in height!!! And as if rubbing SALT to the WOUND, at one of the shop, there was one displayed - see photo on the left - needless to say it was just that, for display only.... and no amount of begging was good enough to be able to buy it... Alas, the BOSS is also a collector of VINYL TOYS and this one is for his own collection already! Boo Hoo...

So I was giving up on this, but in passing I mentioned it to Juliana and she reminded me to try Sue - always GREAT at finding stuff on Yahoo Auctions, Taiwan... so I dropped her a call and Lo and Behold, the same day she found me one.... at a price pretty much what they sold for when first released - SCORE!!! She even did better than me... she researched it right away and found a PRESS EVENT LAUNCH ARTICLE about the figures - with photos of the collection.... THANKS SUE!!!

4 Taiwanese Models dressed as the figures...

The first of 4 Limited Edition, released back in JULY/AUGUST, sold in the shops for NT$980 (US$30) - or for $480 (a little less than US$15) with a Purchase.... the 2nd one will be released in October, I was told.... got myself on the wait list already and am really HOPING not to miss out on this one.... his is one collection really worth keeping....

1 comments:

Juliana said...

Dear Rudi, Agreed. The gilr one is kind of ugly...Nevertheless, I think the first one is the best! Maybe you may consider just getting this one is already good enough. What do you think? Just kind suggestion for saving more in the future good ones you like! Good day! Juliana