CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pinoy Sunday Treat

I look forward to most of my Sundays in Taipei as it is the time when I can satisfy the Pinoy in me... First by attending the Filipino Service at St. Christopher's Church - though I did not understand part of the Homily, as the Tagalog sometimes is just way too deep for me, I always enjoy the music... so lovely and soothing to the ears... truly uplifting...

Then, on some Sundays, like today for instance, I get to have some Pinoy Food... mostly the desserts but today I actually got to have a couple of my Fave dishes for lunch: Pinakbet and Menudo... then of course the Ginatan dessert.... all YUMMY and makes me feel like am back in Manila once more...Now and then, when I have more time - I check out the Pinoy magazines and DVDs for sale... am not much for the movies as mostly, I do not know the actors and I have seen a few that really left a bad taste in my mouth... so if not recommended, I do not tend to buy.... mostly I look for concert videos, as I prefer to listen to the music more... I can play them without actually having to watch... just to hear some good old OPM, while I work or clean the house...

Today I was in luck, a new GARY VALENCIANO Music Special DVD just came out - and i snapped a copy right away... I was, I still am, elated over it... and now I have seen it a couple of times already... His music, his songs, though some are 20 plus years old - he manages to always bring on a fresh take in each and every concert of his... not that they need it, his music are timeless : both message and melody... I highly recommend you to get a copy... Sir Gary V. - Mr Pure Energy, as he is called in the local BIZ - and his music will forever be a Favorite of mine...

INSPIRATIONAL.EMOTIONAL.IDOL

0 comments: