CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

always the dancing fool...

More Chinese NY Happenings:

The 2nd Day of the New Year, Xiao Pang even came to Kaohsiung with his parents for a couple of days of fun.... right away he took a liking to the dogs, Lala & Ah Bao - so it was NON STOP FUN seeing him play with them... running around after them was tiring but indeed, fun....

Later on, after lunch, we all walked over the Cultural Center - a 15 minute walk - as they always have loads of fun stuff going on for the Chinese New Year... and just in time, as Taiwan's Aboriginal Dance Troupe had an hour show happening.... dances from the different aboriginal tribes of Taiwan was represented, plus a take on NOBODY & SORRY, SORRY (Korean POP songs)... and lo and behold, they had a DANCE CONTEST part where they took people from the audience to participate... Of course, the entire Wu Clan practically pushed me up the stage - hahahahahaha - and I suddenly I found myself up there, being interviewed & following the dance steps to one of Taiwan's "Tai Ke" dances, as it was instructed right on the spot... Never too shy to dance my ass off, I just went for it and danced away.... at the end of the 5 minute (seems like forever) routine - the audiences had to VOTE who did the BEST... I was rooting for the little boy next to me - but oh well, I WAS THE ONE!!!
you can just IMAGINE how red my face was at this point... and then after a few more Q&A, I was giver my HONG BAO (red envelope) Prize... in it was a bunch of COUPONS to be used at the Fair... I almost handed it over to the boy next to me but then I remembered XIAO PANG was with us - so instead I gave it all to him, HAPPILY!!!

Later on, they troupe did another roundup of people in the audience to dance a typical aboriginal "get-together" dance... and of course, I was the FIRST RECRUIT again!!! Oh well.... this time around I made sure I was not the only victim, I dragged Jason to join in on the fun... it was a FUN TIME had by all - and now and again, I really do not mind making a fool of myself for my friends & family's entertainment...

MORE PHOTOS HERE

1 comments:

Barry Boy said...

What a super cute, stouty stouty kid!