CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

my kind of GARAGE

1 Year and 6 issues later, GARAGE magazine, still manages to thrill and excite me...
Never, ever thought I would say this about any Men's Fashion Magazine, much more, one that is produced in the Philippines for the Philippine market..

To think, I passed on it when I first saw the Premier issue with Jake Cuenca on the cover... thinking I did not need another, Men's Fashion Magazine... back then I was only reading HIM, Metro (which have since ceased in publication)... the 2nd issue had the AKIHITO on the cover, then the Japanese/Brazilian IT BOY model in the Philippines... so I picked it up and actually liked the contents... filled with nice informative & usable articles on a variety of topics... Photographs and Styling that can rival those of the ones in many European and American magazines.... and coverage on clothing ranging from HIGH to LOW; LOCAL to FOREIGN brands; from CASUAL to DRESSY and everything else in between.... I TRULY anticipate each and every issue during my trips to Manila...

The Anniversary Issue boasts another BONUS for me: PIOLO PASCUAL on the cover - accompanied by lots more great photo inside. I actually had a hard time finding one in Metro manila as all the National Bookstores I normally picked these mag up were SOLD OUT... finally getting LUCKY in the Greenhills area buying theit last copy. Am told that this is the BEST SELLING issue so far and that there is an alternate cover available, too... still PIOLO but a more close up shot... KEEP IT UP GARAGE, and I PROMISE, I will be HOOKED FOREVER!!! Now if I can just find that alternate Anniversary Cover Issue....

1 comments:

wtsrudi said...

hey john... thanks for stopping by and the kind words....

you do the same - KEPP BLOGGING!!!
enjoyed your BALI posts....