CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

NO Gf*Bf for me...

Yesterday turned out to be a bit of a frustrating day....  nope it was not the back to work blues or anything to do with the weather...as a matter of fact, yesterday, the sun shone brightly....  it was actually HOT to be out so I decided to escape by taking in a movie...

Of course the movie of choice is Gf*Bf....  I was afraid that I had missed it already by being away when it opened back on the 3rd of this month....   but was quite HAPPY to see that it is still playing....   was soooo excited I rushed to the WARNER VILLAGE area to catch the film....  even on my own....    I was soooo disappointed to find out that the film had no English Subtitles....  as I asked the Ticketer before purchasing my ticket - just to be sure....   I cannot even say how HEARTBROKEN I am when I walked away from the theatre....  such a disappointment...  Been so excited about seeing this film since I have heard about it months ago....  been totally anticipating it....

I mean, if it was one of those Comedy or Sci-Fi, Graphic induced film - I would not even hesitate...  but I felt with this kind of relationship drama and touches of the Taiwan Revolution - I would definitely need the English Subtitles to get all of it....  not just parts.... besides would not want to miss any important lines....  and the thing that gets me is that, this movie has been making the International Film Festival rounds lately - so you would think that there is already a copy with English subtitles playing....  not to mention, lately, most if not all, Taiwanese movies have English Subtitles.... 

Oh well... I guess will just have to wait for the DVD release and hope that it WILL have the English Subtitles....  Too bad as it seems like the kind of movie you would want to experience in the BIG SCREEN - with other movie goers....  :(

0 comments: