CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 29, 2010

United Nations of Be@rbrick


Bearbricks, as most of you know have been around since the early 2000's... and each year a couple of BASIC collection is out with 10 different series included in each collection (Basic, Jellybean, Pattern, Flag, Horror, Sci Fi, CUTE, Animal, and a couple of Artists... plus a HIDDEN SPECIAL one each collection...) and one can collect all (YOWZA!!!) or just the one that appeals to you... For Sue - it is the Sci-F; and for Juliana - CUTE & HORROR... They are BOTH soooo good as they were able to complete their series's of choice already.... and Sue, besting Juliana and I for being able (have the SELF CONTROL, really!) to STICK with just that Sci-Fi series... Juliana and I find ourselves shooting in ever direction... with basically each and every Bearbrick - a cuite MUST HAVE... LOLs...

Anyway, for my part, the first one am actually close in completing is the FLAG series - my love for travel and other cultures is what appealed to me to collect this particular one... love seeing how each country's national flag is interpreted onto the tiny bears... and so far, each rendering is just too cool...

well, out of the 19, 19 years to collect so far, I have managed to get 18 of them.... some I got through my Travels in Japan.... the kindness of friends who donate theirs to my collection... most through the help of Sue & Juliana, of course!!! I have #'s 2 thru 19 - with #1, representing US of A, being the elusive one... not so elusive as it is out there on eBay and Yahoo Auctions... just a matter of finding one at a very good price - so as to not break my Bearbrick allowance bank... hahahahaha

so, in case any of you has one of him extra or willing to part with at a very good price - FEEL FREE TO HOLLER AT ME!!! Then I can FINALLY COMPLETE my United Nations of Bearbricks - and adding the following years to come will be easy enough.... don't even bother to ask what the other series am concentrating non collection... haiiiis...

SUE: Thanks for the recent help with these 12 cuties, made my collection almost complete!

2 comments:

SUE said...

Hey RUDI - need to correct your posting (sorry!) on the history part - the first Be@rbrick was released in 2001 and hence an average of two series per year (only in 2002 three series were released). FYI la...

wtsrudi said...

wow Thanks for that INFO, sue.... I stand corrected.... will fix it right now.... *KISS KISS*