CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

TORCHWOOD: BBC Series

Aliens, Ghosts, Action, Monsters, Dead Man Walking, Comic Wit Banter, Techies, Boy Kissing Girl, Boy Kissing Boy, Girl Kissing Girl, Love Found, Love Lost, SPIKE from BUFFY appears, HOTTIE JOHN BARROWMAN kissing everyone - LOLS, I have found my newest FAVE SHOW!!! Turned to it by my friend, Mary - and am sooo glad she told me about it - I actually finished the 2 seasons (13 Eps per season) during my last visit in MANILA..... blame it on the rainy lonely nites if you wish, but am all the HAPPY for it..... this show is just my kind of show.....
=========================================================

SERIES SYNOPSIS:
A spin-off from the 2005 revival of the long-running science fiction program Doctor Who, Torchwood centers on the activities of the Cardiff branch of the fictional Torchwood Institute that deal mainly with incidents involving extraterrestrials. The Torchwood team is lead by Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) with Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles) as the "new girl" who joins up in the first episode and acts as a point-of-view character for the viewer. Additionally, the show also features Burn Gorman as Owen Harper, Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones, and Naoko Mori as Toshiko Sato.

Torchwood premiered on October 22, 2006 on BBC Three and BBC HD and received mixed reviews for its controversial characterization and portrayal of sex. The series eventually earned critical acclaim, which ensured the show a second season, as well as the highly anticipated third season.

More INFO/Photos/Episode Guides
http://www.tv.com/torchwood/show/50470/summary.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood

6 comments:

Mary E. said...

Yay!! I finally got you hooked on something!! ;) It's usually the other way around. It's a great show. I can't wait for the next season. Looks like Spring 2009.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Rudi! I'll have to check it out...love Dr. Who! And the guy holding the gun is a cutie!

Hugs,
Lisa in PA

Anonymous said...

Ha! I loved Capt. Jack when I saw him in Dr. Who. I was so excited when he got his own show. I have loved the first 2 seasons ... but not certain where they will take it in season 3.
-sher

wtsrudi said...

hiya sher... yeah.,... the end of season 2 was really heartbreaking huh??? hopefully season 3 will live up to the 2 seasons.....

wtsrudi said...

hi lisa... you really MUST see TORCHWOOD... it is just as fun... and kooky.... a lot sexier... that is JOHN BARROWMAN the lead btw - holding the gun...

wtsrudi said...

yes Mary - you are to BLAME -- or I should say, TO THANK!!!! cannot wait for Season 3