CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happiness is... Making Lasting Impressions.....

"We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

sometimes we really get caught up in all that we do... so focused on our everyday work and such we lose track of the little things in life.... as little as coming into contact with people in our everyday life and dismissing them as just other souls passing us by.... we fail to notice that sometimes we actually do make a lasting impression... one of those little things in life that we often miss but boy, does it feel good when we do become aware of it....

with my many visits to Manila - I have hung out at the NINOY AQUINO Airport quite a lot.... normally I would only walk around for about for 15 mins after checking in and clearing immigration.... I check out the record shop for last minute CDs... and the bakery for some ensaymada to bring back... now and again, I would stop by for coffee.... there's really just a couple of places to get good coffee there...Bo's Coffee and another one whose name I do not even know....

anyway months ago - i was helped by someone with one of the best smiles I have seen in a very long time... dimples and all.... never saw the person again -- and months went by....

on this last trip back, with no coffee in my stomach yet that morning, I decided I needed a caffeine fix... so I went to get coffee... lo and behold, the same server was there... sweet smile and all.... I went up to the counter to order my coffee and what I expected to hear the person say was "WELCOME!" or "WHAT CAN I GET FOR YOU?" instead he uttered: "I remember you from months ago.... I was hoping you would come back again.. you were one of the friendliest person I have ever served.. with such a nice smile." (it was all said in TAG-LISH btw...)

This put such a nice feeling in my heart and of course, a big smile on my face..... I mean, I thought he had a nice smile that is surely memorable... but never did I once think that I would make an impression as well - no matter what it may have been - for the person to remember me.... after all, am just one of the many passengers passing by - day in, day out.... and with how busy they get I did not even once noticed the person looking my way the whole time I was having my coffee back then....

anyway, not much more to the story really.... just really made a difference in my hurried, tiring trip.... so instead of going back to TAIWAN with a heavy heart upon leaving Manila once again - I said goodbye with a smile on my face.... knowing that people do not just view me as someone who is always on the go -- and not much more.... and it is nice to know that no matter how little time we spend with others - we sometimes do leave lasting impressions ... it TRULY IS one of the most fulfilling feelings in the world....

and as I always say, it is always the smiles and friendliness than often will be remembered.... whether or not we see those people ever again....

0 comments: