CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Well, I know it is the day after...  I did the ritual:  thought of my Mom a lot, prayed in Church, and tried to smile through it all..  It, being the fact that it is the first Mother's Day since her passing...
 
Having left my Mom's side at a young age to live with my Dad in the US, I have spent many a Mother's Day without her... not to mention, living apart for so many years - me in the US and now in Taiwan - while is in the Philippines with her 2nd family...  so, not having her around really is nothing new...  I should have been used to it....
 
Still, this time it was different...  I ended up feeling such emotions as longing and wishing...  Longing for my Mom...  and the opportunities to see her now and again....  Longing to see her smiling face when I come through the door to wish her a Happy Mother's Day - with or without flowers in tow...  she always have the same smile - happy and full of life.... and Wishing I could just pick up the phone and call her on this very day, even if I could not make it to see her.... 
 
But that is all quite impossible now... but I do know in my heart that she knows how am feeling... how she is missed and loved... and will be forever more....    and in some ways, I do know that she is looking after me....  still dream of her now and again....  having conversations with her....  though I do not see her face in my dreams - I do know it is her am talking with... sharing some times with....  and for this, am Happy!
Above Photo:  Possibly the only photo of me with her, when I was a little boy, in existence.... the Baby girl is my half sister...  not sure who the teenager girl is though....
 
Happy Mother's Day, Mom... 
Simply, I Love and Miss You!!!

0 comments: