CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

like father, like son

April also marks my Dad's Bday.... so needless to say, he is on my mind.... well he always is... now and again I still find myself, wishing he is still around and I could have had more time with him... to have had a better relationship... but of course, none of that is possible now... so instead, I keep him dear to me... to my heart, my prayers, and thoughts....

Recently, while visiting his grave - I was surprised by one of the SISTER's (NUN) who knew my Dad while he was still alive.... she ran to me and told me that at first, she thought she was seeing my Dad's apparition... only upon coming closer that she realised it was me....

and even more recent, as in just a couple of days ago - my Tita Mariza found me on Facebook - she is my Dad's youngest sister and I did spend some time living with her back in Manila.... anyway, she added me as a contact and had this wonderful words to say: "Hi Rudi or Dodle (my forgotten ICKY nickname). thanks for accepting me in your facebook. I'm glad to see u n have communication with u. Pogi ka pa rin. (Still Handsome - LOLs!) U look like your dad n Tito Manny. (my Dad's youngest brother)" This TRULY gave me a sense of happiness.... and put a biiig smile on my face.... I mean, if my Tita said it - my Dad's sister - then it must really be TRUE!!! so Thanks Tita - thank you for finding me and for the kind words... now and again, it is soooo wonderful to have another link to my Dad... and to know that we are closer than I remembered us to be....

Last Photo of my Dad & I together - taken on my BDAY 2005 (a year before his passing)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got a little teary after I read this

wtsrudi said...

thanks for reading albert.....