CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

rainy days & saturdays...

well, the weekend is upon us once again..... but with the non-stop rain in Taipei, what one can do is really quite LIMITED.... we opted for a DOUBLE FEATURE - catch up on a couple of movies we have missed out on during their first run.... and there is this GREAT little place close to Hsin Yi that plays a variety of 2nd run films that we go to now and again....
The first movie, Wedding Fever in Campobello, was a complete surprise for me... at fitrst I was not too sure as I knew there was not going to be English subtitles - it was going to be in Italian & German with Chinese subtitles... but I am so glad to have seen it.... such a funny, funny film.... partly because I understood most of the Italian and David translated most of the German... the rest I got just from watching the actors who were soooo expressive....

The 2nd film, Nodame I, did not need much translating for me - though it was in Japanese with Chinese subtitiles... it was a funny film done in the tradition of ANIME/MANGA style.... the story quite simple with the actors' acting were all soooo overly exxagerated that I was rolling with laughter even without getting the full jist of their dialogue.... the movie btw is sooooo POPULAR in Japan and made quite a lot of money in their local box office.... so POPULAR that a follow up is already making the rounds and the big bucks like it's predecessor....

So really, the next time you catch yourself with nothing to do on a rainy day - - try catching a film you did not even think about seeing... you just might be surprised, as I was today - TWICE!!!!

2 comments:

SUE said...

Always so adventurous...Juliana, Cecilia and I went to see Prince of Persia since it's highly recommended by you...and...WE LOVE IT! Thanks RUDI. Have a great Sunday!

wtsrudi said...

-GREAT!!! am so glad you all had a GREAT TIME seeing Prince of Persia..... I knew you would love it!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Sue.... love to you and Cecilia....