CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 4, 2010

he with the KILLER smile....

GOODE Friday for you all.... Matthew Goode, that is!!!

...you know who am talking about... am pretty sure most of you have seen in any of the last few films he has done - WATCHMEN as the Villainous one in the group, MATCH POINT as Scarlett's hubby, and his latest, LEAP YEAR, co-starring with Amy Adams... am also sure that at one point or another, you look at him and say - as I have plenty of times: "why does he look familiar??? I know it is not just his Great Smile and Dashing Looks? I have seen him somewhere or in something before...."

Last time I had these feelings was when Sue and Cecilia loaned us the movie "Imagine Me & You"... he was the handsome groom that, alas, was left by the bride for another woman... but through it all- he shone and took it all with a killer smile.... and it helped that the writer gave him such great lines to utter.... if you see the movie, I guarantee you would fall on your knees with the parting words he uttered to his ex-wife to be....

anyway, after watching that movie, all three of us (David, Liya and I) all said the same thing... "we have seen him before - he looks familiar" ... so what to do but GOOGLE!!! hahahaha - Of course we have as we all have seen MATCH POINT... he was only a second lead but boy, one cannot help but stare at him in each and ever scene he was in... and that's including those when he is on camera with Scarlett johannsen or Jonathan Rhys Myers - not an easy feat but he sure did it, for me anyway....

Digging in further I canme to realize that he is also the Villain Hero in WATCHMEN; the ill-fated bad guy in The Lookout with another fave, Joseph Gordon Levitt; Mandy Moore's Prince in Chasing Liberty; and the one that I saw want to see but have yet, the classic Brideshead Revisited... you know it, am hooked... Pretty Accent, Great Talent, Piercing Eyes and most of all a Killer Smile!!! You can DEFIITELY add him as one of my FAVE Actors!!!

Latest thing I caught him in was A SINGLE Man - Tom Ford's directorial debut with Colin Firth & Julianne Moore... he played Colin's dead lover, and was seen mostly through flashbacks... I loved the movie and feel that Mr Ford did a pretty good job translating Christopher Isherwood's dark & melancholy novel... the leads all stood out - as expected... both Colin and Julianne commands the screen like they TRULY own it.... but once again, I found myself, looking forward to each and every time the movie would flashback to Matthew Goode... had to actually watch it a few times so as to take in everything, as I was almost always, getting distracted by Matthew's good looks....

You try watching any films with Matthew in it - let me see if you could escape his charms, talents and killer smile...

Of course, the BLOG has to have the obligatory HUNK shots - hahahahaha...

5 comments:

SUE said...

CECILIS and I really like him in Brideshead Revisited...If you haven't seen it, we have the DVD. Will try to check out WATCHMEN. would be interesting to see him playing a villian (with blond hair?).

wtsrudi said...

Barely recognizeable in WATCHMEN... but then aain he is this way in most of his movies - except for that familiar KILLER SMILE.....

Have not seen BRIDESHEAD... yes yes PLS... would love to borrow and see it....

Mary E. said...

How interesting! I've seen Match Point, Imagine Me & You, and The Lookout. All good. I just did not recognize his name. I'll be sure to now, though.

I just added Brideshead Revisited to my Netflix queue, and I'm dying to see A Single Man (directed by handsome Tom Ford), which he is also in,

Thanks Rudi! :)

wtsrudi said...

exactly.... he always stands out but I could not place him at first, especially in The Lookout.... you will love A SINGLE MAN.... though it relly is a COLIN FIRTH film.... am also dying to see Brideshead.....

Anonymous said...

i love him, i love him. those eyes are really something, my favorite part of the film is where this girl asked matthew inside the bar if he wants to buy her a drink and matthew just looked at colin and said i am already taken matching a sexy look in his deep gorgeous eyes. oh call me obsessed lol.

andrian