CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Grand (Hotel) Time!!!

As a Pre BDay dinner treat - Juliana took me yesterday, June 2nd) to Taipei's Grand Hotel for an extended, fabulous, more than satisfying, fun-filled lunch/brunch...

The Grand Hotel boasts itself as the "Only Truly Chinese Palace-Styled Hotel in the World" - and it is rightly so!!! From it's grand exterior to an even more grand interior - the Grand Hotel is truly one of the most magnificent hotels I have ever seen/visited. I remember seeing this hotel in a few Chinese movies filmed in Taiwan... and each and everytime I take the ride to the CKS Airport, I am always in awe of its beauty, standing a top an elevated part of Taipei... commanding in every way.The architecture is truly in the ancient traditional style of a Chinese palaces of yore... it boasts large red pillars, ornately tiled roofs, marbled staircases, beautiful large Chinese artworks on its walls, Chinese style furniture, etc.... everything about the place screams Elegant Grand Chinese Style!!! And I loved every single part ot the place.

Where we had our brunch was adjacent to the swimming pool area... the decor of the restaurant was just as beautiful as the Hotel itself... using the same color and style themes the main building uses.... The food selection was just as magnificent - with a wide array of so many Asian delights: Chinese delicacies such as Peking Duck, BBQ Chicken, & Shark Meat; a very fresh selection of sashimi ( am not much of a sashimi person but the salmon and tuna looked so deliciously enticing I broke down to have some!) & sushi; seafood galore; plus a host of others that I gobbled up too fast without bothering to find out the dishes' names.... and of course, there was a beautiful and delicious selection of desserts to choose from... and since I could not choose, i opted to sample each and every one of them.... I must have had 3 plates of desserts and finished it all up with 3 scoops of ice cream!!!
This was one TRULY SPECIAL BDAY TREAT!!! Thanks Again Juliana!!!

Added BDay Gifts from Juliana: LEVIS X Bearbricks

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Very happy that you liked it! As usual, efficiently posting photos...I like your arrangement on them!

wtsrudi said...

hahahahahaha... you know me - super fast!!!! it helped that I TRULY enjoyed the time - so I was soooooo EXCITED to BLOG about it..... glad you like the arrangement of the photos..... see ya soon....