CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Vicky Christina Barcelona : Movie Review

Over the weekend, I finally got to see Woody Allen's latest film - yes, it has just come out here - "Vicky Christina Barcelona" I was dying to see this film because I am a BIIIG FAN of Spanish Actress, Penelope Cruz and I read soooo much POSITIVE reviews, if not RAVES, about her performance here....

At first I was getting antsy as 1) I realized her name is not even one of the title characters names... and 2) almost 3/4 of the film before she actually came out.... But BOY - it was totally worth it... she made the film come alive even more.... her PASSION... her FIRE.... one of the few HOLLYWOOD films that actually knew how to use and showcase her talents.... for the most part, in other films, only her beauty comes through....

This is not to say that Scarlett, Javier and the other actors were not worth watching...everyone was just right on with their portrayals.... and this is one of those WOODY ALLEN films that really HIT all the RIGHT SPOTS... But it IS Penelope's film... she is the LIFE of the whole film - displaying so much raw emotions -- happiness, sorrow, hope, desperation.... an OSCAR, or at least, a nomination - I HOPE!!!

and I MUST say, having set the movie in Barcelona's BEST and most beautiful places was an added BONUS for me... seeing Las Ramblas, Gaudi's Parc Guell, La Sagrada, Barri Gothic, etc... was almost like being there again... and if you did not know any better, one can actually assume one is watching an ALMODOVAR film -- in English....

2 comments:

Mary E. said...

Great review, Rudi! I can't wait to see the movie.
~Mary~

wtsrudi said...

Highly, Highly Recommended Mary... let me know your thoughts once you see it...