CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween Comes Early.... a tad bit anyway....

Got an email from my dear friend, Mary today.... just our usual "dropping you a note" type emails - as we do on a regular basis... today she attached a photo of her Halloween themed desk at work - see above photo... gave me that excited feeling, warm fuzzy feeling as most calls it, I always do when I see displays of any sorts -- for any of the many Holidays I would normally go all out doing displays for...

Needless to say, it made me recall all the FUN Halloweens I used to spend in San Francisco... dressing up and hanging out with friends.... walking up and down the CASTRO St to admire all the costumes - elaborate or not so elaborate; and revel in all the excitement and festivities...

Aaaah.... Halloween, along with Dia De Los Muertos & XMas, is possibly one of the Holidays I miss most.... well, at least I have my very own little decoration here, all the way from San Francisco - courtesy of another good friend, Juliana....Thank God for friends who always remind me of all these simple things in life I love most....
PS: This one is Mary's Halloween display at home... Love It!!! Just got it today, Oct 23rd... brightened up a bit my otherwise GLOOMY DAY... Thanks Mary!!

5 comments:

Mary E. said...

The little girls make me smile every time I look at them!! It helps me get through the day. :)
That little bat is too adorable! I want one!
~Mary~

wtsrudi said...

I agree Mary... those Lil Kelleys are just too cute.... Juliana just got those TY Halloween cuties this SEPT... so am sure they are still around... actually there are two other ones in this theme...

Mary E. said...

I NEED that bat!!! I'm going to search for him. He's too cute!
~Mary~

wtsrudi said...

Juliana said to tell you that she got them at HALLMARK... so check your local ones.... GOODLUCK!!!

Mary E. said...

Thanks for the info Rudi - and Juliana! I'm heading to Hallmark today for sure. :)
~Mary~