CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Doggie Love 3: Mitten : Russian Cartoon

Last one on Doggies for a while - I PROMISE!!!

Last nite, my family and I were visiting a very good friend, Sandy and her family, in their newly purchased and renovated home - will save that story for another time - there we got to meet her 4 year old LAB, WACKY... he was BIIG but sooo much fun and so lovable.... am sad I did not get to snap a photo of him... much too busy chatting, and eating and Wacky was as well, playing and jumping on everyone and anyone he can....

Anyway, you already know about my LOVE for DOGGIES (see DOGGIE LOVE)and how lately I have been thinking soooo much about them.... all these thoughts of having one for a companion reminded me of this beautiful animation I first saw in JAPAN, years ago, the Russian Classic, MITTEN!!!

It is an awesome clay animation film--from Russia--about an only child, her single mom, and the red mitten that she pretends is a puppy. Made by Soyuzmult Film in 1967.
(Above Photo: Vinyl Toy Figures of the Girl and Mitten was issued and purchased in JAPAN)

2 comments:

fashionDOLLista said...

OMG, that is the cutest thing ever!!!! I have those figurines too (thanks to you!) but I never knew they were characters from that Russian film!!!

Hey, and I never get tired of hearing about doggies! :)

wtsrudi said...

aaah... am sorry i did not get to share this vid with you right away.... it is soooooo cool...