CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

08:08:08 - is it really Lucky???

well, am not sure where I stand on this.... I feel that, though am blessed in some ways, I do not think am that LUCKY... as in I never really win the LOTTO - 'cept for maybe $20.00US; and though once or twice I have won @ Black Jack in Las Vegas, more so than not, I LOSE!!!

So all week long my friends, here in Taiwan and elsewhere, have been telling me 08.08.08 is coming up... get set as it will be one LUCKY Day.... I walk away smiling, as I mumble three words under my breath: "wah eh vher"!!!!
(Right Photo: Poster for the 2 More Limited Releases)

Today is just like an ordinary day for me... same, same... work as usual... gym break.... eat... work again.... the biggest event to happen is me forgetting my cel phone at the gym - which is a regular occurrence - not LUCKY - if I may say so myself.... on my way back to pick it up - I ran into one of the workers of FAMILY MART.... and he remembers me for collecting all the VINYL PREMIUMS they offer now and again... with The Monkey King series being the most current one.... he told me to come by as he had something for me.... which got me EXCITED and CURIOUS right away....

YOWZA!!! he had three of the figures for me - and he was giving them to me.... he said that he had seen me come in and redeem for them time and time again -- diligently even....... and felt bad that often, he's seen, that I kept getting doubles of the ones I already have..... and all the while he said: I always take it all with a SMILE.... so he remembers this.... When one of their other customers dropped off their extras - just like that - he thought right away to RESERVE them for me.... he's had them already for a few days as I have not been in in a while... so he seemed really happy to run into me in the streets....

I have basically given up on these as I was getting frustrated.... i got 4 of the 8 introduced.. and a couple of them I have two or three extras.... and top of that - they even introduced a couple of special limited editions to go with the set... and even more LIMITED the the first 8 - LOLS!!!! SO now I have 6 of the first 8, 1 of the 2 just released ones, and a renewed PASSION for finishing the collection...

So you tell me, is it LUCK.... I tend to lean more on KARMA.... if you are kind to people, then kindness comes back to you.... SMALL or BIG - we can never have enough of it!!!
3 new additions to the Monkey King Premium Series Collection.
All Thanks to the very kind Family Mart Employee.

2 comments:

SUE said...

Hi Rudi: Good for you... how nice of the guy from Family Mart... have a few stickers and hopefully have a chance to give them to you before they expire in early Sep. Go go go...

wtsrudi said...

3 more pieces to go...waaah..... i cannot have the MONKEY KING collection without the MONKEY!!!! LOLs!!!!