CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 3, 2010

the place to be on the weekends...

Spent most of the afternoon at SIEMENDING yesterday - right after church.... what a contrast! Froma solemn place to a really crowded, happening place.... LOLs!!!
Always a FUN place to be for snacks (so many, ever changing, themed restaurants)... shopping (something for everyone and every taste!).... People Watching (young and old alike in their weekend bests)... Shinjuku Plaza, bringing you a bit, make that a lot of Japan.... and on the weekends, STAR GAZING - as for sure, whoever has a new movie, TV show, book or record to promote - they will be doing a PROMOTIONAL TOUR here...

One of my first memories of this place was from way back in 1998.... my first visit to Taiwan... David took me there one evening on a weekend - as it is always a MUST SEE place if you are a tourist in Taiwan.... I was overwhelmed by the shops, the people, the lights, the delicacies.... was like being back in SHIBUYA or Harajuku... so many friendly people... beautiful people to photograph and lols, and some to photograph us (was younger and hipper then - hahahahahaha)... two young girls even asked to take photos with me and asked for my autographed - as later on I found out, David told them am indeed a Hong Kong star.... and they fell for it.... hahahahahahahahaAnyway, this ever changing place is a REAL MUST SEE when in Taipei.... never ceases to AMAZE me - and when bored and alone, I just take a trip there to be amused and entertained.... see a movie... sit in a cafe, or anywhere for that matter, just to people watch... you will be entertained, FOR SURE!!!

2 comments:

TomS said...

I just found your blog and really enjoy it! Most especially your film reviews. I hope we can visit each other now and then. I would value your comments and feedback.
Siemending sounds like a fun place. You describe it so well!

wtsrudi said...

wow... thanks for that wonderful comment... and thanks for finding me.... U have a very nice BLOG as well... much deeper than mine.... will PERUSE more later after my errands run....

ciao for now, tom!