CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 19, 2010

...still raining....

Friday, with the Chinese NY holiday still in effect (banks and post offices still closed); and the rain not letting up one bit - we have been stuck indoors for the most part... even bundled up, it is quite freezing to be out... we have been basically just watching DVDs and reading a lot.... the WI FI connection is in and out so NET SURFING is limited... not much motivation to go work out, even with the GYMs just opening now... too cold to swim... and cannot run by the river as it is just too wet and muddy the last two days... one, especially someone like me, could go batty...

So I try to stay sane by taking little walks now and again.... even just around, just to get out.... today though, we ventured out a bit... took the MRT to MIRAMAR and walked around the mall... lots of people out and about, all bundled up, all freezing... but it was nice to see happy, smiley people all around...

and we were able to treat ourselves into catching a film... with not much playing now (as am still waiting for NINE, UP IN THE AIR and a few others to come out) we went and saw "I Love You Phillip Morris" - not knowing a thing about it as I really did not hear much about the making of it... but from the POSTER alone one can gather that it is of the GAY nature -- but I still was not convinced as I could not imagine Ewan McGregor and Jim Carrey playing homosexuals, much more lovers!!! But that they did and did it SURPRISINGLY WELL!!! Don't want to talk much about the movie as I feel it is best to see it if you know nothing at all about it... just be surprisingly entertained... it was well worth braving the cold rainy weather for...

At the end of the film, I found out that it was a TRUE STORY and it boggles my mind more how Jim Carrey's character got away with what he did... so now, I have to write to a few friends in TEXAS and confirm it all...

0 comments: