CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

am a GLEEK!!!

Since I came home last Monday, it has been non-stop rain in Taipei -- which made it hard to go out and do any kind of exercise... too wet to run by the river, too cold for a dip in the pool (though believe me I still try BOTH!)... and when it rains here like CATS & DOGS, it is even harder to get motivated to run my errands.... so instead, in between catching up with work and personal matters to attend to, I alleviate the monotony of my days by watching GLEE...

Did not know much about the show 'cept it is about a High School GLEE Club and that it has a lot of singing and dancing, as I have been seeing the video postings of the show's musical numbers on both YOU TUBE and FACEBOOK... and of course, it just won the latest People's Choice Award for FAVE NEW TV COMEDY SHOW...

What a laugh a minute!!! The show is really funny and fun.... love all the musical numbers - each one entices one to jump up and dance & sing along.... love that all the characters gets their turn in the spotlight - to sing or dance or both... love the WITTY and often jaw dropping dialogue/lines - especially the ones that comes out of Sue's mouth (she is the BRASSY Cheerleading Coach)... love the GAY boy and his FUNNY "SINGLE LADIES" bit.... and don't get me started on the Mohawk boy who plays PUCK, Mark Salling... young Brad Pitt in my opinion with a voice and rhythm to equal the looks.... even the the teacher who heads the GLEE Club is too cool to watch.. not drop dead gorgeous but once he sings and dances - you will be swooning -- for sure!!!

Each episode is jam packed with musical numbers - and the choices, albeit funny at times, works for me... I mean what other show can do a MASH UP of The Thong Song with I could Have Danced ALl Nite - lordy!!! So far, a lot of my FAVE songs have been used, Beyonce's HALO, Jordin Sparks' NO AIR, Niel Diamond's SWEET CAROLINE, Lez Miz's ON MY OWN - did I not say eclectic selection... cannot wait what other songs they will be covering...

Just finished watching all 16 episodes this afternoon... and Am craving for more... not even sure how many eps have been shown already... so for sure I will be on the look out for the rest.... or fill my withdrawals with bits and pieces on YOU TUBE...

Try to catch the show - you will be glad to be a GLEEK, too!!!

2 comments:

Mary E. said...

I'm so glad you've seen it now. I love that show. I smile all the way through it.

As a side note, Tori and I got to see Lea Michele (Rachel) on Broadway a few years ago in Spring Awakening (which was AWESOME). She was Wendla. I love her. She's great.

wtsrudi said...

LUCKY you and Tori, mary!!! have watched the entire DVD more than a couple of times now... nice to ahve it in the background while I work.... ENJOYING IT MUCH!!! hehehehehe