CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ten On Travel

"and in the end it is not the years in your life that counts... it is the life in your years....."
-Abe Lincoln
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is something FUN I got did because I was TAGGED in one of my accounts... the rules were simple just write 10 RANDOM Facts about myself.... I chose the TRAVEL theme as I could not think of anything fun and interesting to write about... thought I would share it here too... you might want to try it, it will be a fun trip down memory lane am sure.... and maybe you can share with me some of your funny TRAVEL moments:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Took a 3 hour hiking trip up an active Volcano in Guatemala... in the rain.... and...
2. Coming back by bus, back to the city, we were held up by bandits with biiig guns.... no one got killed or raped... they just took our money and left us alone... survived both!!!

3. Have always been LUCKY about SEEING STARS at airports: Takeshi Kenishiro In Bangkok, Harry Connick in Vancouver... Chris Isaak in Los Angeles.... Jeremy Northam & Gavin Rossdale in London....

4. Not really knowing the German language, I worked for 2 months one summer at a produce stand in Cologne, Germany. All I had to say was GutenMorgen, Danke & Auf Wiedezehein.... it helped that the owners were parents by the boy I was dating at the time... I could not get fired.... hahahaha

5. Arriving soooo late at nite in Mumbai (Bombay) we had to sleep at the Train Station - to wake up and see lots of BIIIIG RATS crawling about.... ICKY!!!

6. I have survived two of the biggest world earthquakes - the one in CALIFORNIA on Oct 17, 1989... and the one in Taiwan on Sept 20, 1999

7. First time I went out to a club in Manila, i thought I was getting picked up by -- even bought me a drink... after an hour of hanging and talking - the person started quoting me prices...LOLs!!!

8. I slept with 100 people for one nite -- hahahaha... it was the only time I have stayed in a YMCA (KYOTO, JAPAN) where you pay big bucks to sleep in a room with 100 other people... LOLS!!!

9. In Madrid, I was accosted by GYPSIES who would not leave me alone till I let them read my fortune - for a lot of money!!!

10. In Xiamen, upon our arrival late at nite, we were accosted by female prostitutes while we looked for a hotel... they literally cornered us... thank GOD it was a HOTEL - so we ran in not caring how expensive it was.... just wanted to get away from the ladies....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a great traveller! Tell us more about your encounter with Jeremy Northam please?

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading about your exciting (and scary!) travels! Laughed out loud on some of them!

wtsrudi said...

thanks lisa..... am sure you have stories of your own......

wtsrudi said...

dear anonymous - well not much to tell except it was the height of his career then in Hollywood... he was just in The Net with Sandra Bullock.... and I just passed him by... unlike with mr harry connick jr - whom i got to talk to and even got his authograph....